Name: Emma Thuot
Hometown: Ottawa (Nepean)
Nicknames: Em, Emster, T-rex, Emstargirl, Emmie
- What is your favourite flavour of ice cream?
Mint chocolate chip
- If you were stuck on a desert island, what 2 things would you bring?
Boat and unlimited food supply
- What is your favourite sport to watch?
Rugby because they beat each other up, it’s kinda fun. The professionals are all so good and blow through people and I’m like “OMG I wanna be like them.”
- Summer or Winter?
- If you could be any fictional character, who would you be and why?
Spiderman cause he can climb up things and everything and is kind of a hero.
- Who was your favourite athlete growing up?
Caroline Waldo, a synchronized swimmer
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Central America or Holland/somewhere in Europe, Australia. I want to see more of Central America and Europe.
- What would you want your last meal to be?
A hamburger, strifry, white chocolate, yellow peppers
- If you could have any super power, what would it be?
Star power to fly to the stars
- What is your favourite sports team?
The Sens even though they’re locked out, they’re still cool.
- What is your favourite food?
Stirfry or ice cream
- What is your favourite colour?
- What are 5 words to describe yourself?
Strong, tall, athletic, caring, and enthusiastic
- Describe yourself as a player.
I think I’m dedicated because I only started playing in grade 12 so I had to learn a lot. If I wasn’t dedicated I wouldn’t have followed through with it.
- What makes you a good teammate?
I try to be there for the girls on the team because it’s really hard to balance so many things and we are all going through the same things. It’s tough but we’re there for each other. I always support my teammates.
- What is your best sports memory?
I was in Florida for a basketball tournament last year and we were down by maybe six points against an American team and the score was fluctuating, and then we slowly started to go up, and the game ended up being died and with two seconds left and I was on the three point line and I sunk my first three pointer ever and the buzzer went off and we won the game!
- What are your academic goals?
To keep at least a B- to keep athletic scholarships, but I am aiming for a B+/A-
- What are your athletic goals?
To be more confident on the field and go to the gym every day to get stronger and gain confidence.
- When did you start playing sports? When did you start playing your sport?
Sports in general when I was four. I started playing rugby in grade 12.
- What was the first sport you ever played?
Soccer and softball
- How many push ups can you do in 1 minute?
I just went to the gym and I did like 15, but my form could have been better.
- What is your ideal date?
My ideal date is April 23rd because it`s not too hot and it`s not too cold and all you need is a light jacket.
- Who inspires you?
My nama, my grandmother, she goes to Carleton and she`s 82. She`s finishing up her degree in music. If she can finish her degree then I can totally finish mine.
- What is your favourite thing about being a Raven?
I like the spirit, I`ve never been a Raven before, that`s pretty cool. I`ve been a bear, a bulldog, and a marauder. A Raven`s cool cause they fly.
- Are you single?