Name: Jessica Thompson
Hometown: Vancouver, BC
Nicknames: Jess, J-Thomps
1. What is your favourite flavour of ice cream?
Chocolate chip mint, I find it refreshing
2. If you were stuck on a deserted island, what 2 things would you bring?
A magazine and a preloaded survival backpack
3. What is your favourite sport to watch?
4. Summer or Winter?
Winter, I love the snow but not Ottawa winter. It’s painful. I love Whistler because it’s only like -5 and I can go skiing.
5. If you could be any fictional character, who would you be and why?
Dexter from Dexter’s Laboratory b/c he is so smart and has a secret laboratory. But he’s a boy and that’s kind of weird. Whatever, he’s so cute.
6. Who was your favourite athlete growing up?
7. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Back to Japan, it’s really awesome there. I want to teach English there. One time we tried to get to this rock garden but we ended up at a cherry blossom garden instead.
8. What would you want your last meal to be?
Lasagna, garlic bread, Caesar salad, vanilla milkshake with Bailey’s
9. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
To freeze time, but I’m allowed to be unfrozen and if I touch anyone they would also be unfrozen. There is a remote, there’s a freeze, fast forward and rewind, etc.
10. What is your favorite sports team?
11. What is your favourite food?
12. What is your favourite colour?
13. What are 5 words to describe yourself? (As described by Sydnie MacDonald)
Cute, Happy, Smiley, Ray-of-Sunshine, and Open
14. Describe yourself as a player.
I never let things get to me, even when I get scored on. I never get down on myself or other player
15. What makes you a good teammate?
I’m positive and keep teammates from feeling down. You can always go on the bench and get a pat on the back or a pat on the pads no matter what.
16. What is your best sports memory?
Getting rookied with a team in BC. I really didn’t want to so I hid in my room with a friend and made up a story that I was allergic to facepaint. But my mom threw me under the bus, and I had to go out for dinner looking ridiculous- it was embarassing but it was such a team bonding experience so it was worth it.
17. What are your academic goals?
I wanna become an investigative reporter and keep my marks up this semester even with the chaotic hockey schedule.
18. What are your athletic goals?
To make it past 8 on the beep test and to get to the finals, and not wanna cry when Mike says get on the line (for suicides)
19. When did you start playing sports? When did you start playing your sport?
Age 4. Hockey at 4
20. What was the first sport you ever played?
Hockey, but I didn’t start off as a goalie
21. How many push ups can you do in 1 minute?
I can do 30 if I really push myself
22. What is your ideal date?
Anything that’s not a typical date, I hate typical dates.
23. Who inspires you?
My brother because he made a university team after having always played hockey and he was so proud and excited for me when I made a varsity team.
24. What is your favourite thing about being a Raven?
Feeling like a part of the the team, It’s like the coolest feeling. Putting on a jersey with my name on it, it’s cool.
25. Are you Single?
Nope. I’m in a relationship.